måndag 16 november 2015

16 november 2015

Salam!

This day has been extremely productive for me!
I have had Urdu class with our very intensive teacher, who is very keen on teaching us Urdu calligraphy and then we had independent work with Urdu texts. Truly rewarding. I feel I become better every day at reading Urdu. This is awesome, since I have taken basic courses in Persian, Arabic, Pashto and Kurmanji. Even though Kurmanji is not written in Nastaliq, the other languages are, so if I learn to read one Nastaliq language fast I will be able to master the others easier.
Linguistics logics.

I have also done laundry today, been cleaning the school too, since we are alone here now me and Beatrice. I have also gotten a lot of work done on my Thesis on Muslim representation and also I have been starting to write on an article about language as a nationbuilding factor and the importance it has, especially in this part of the world.
The entire idea of separate nations or states is founded on language, and since I know Urdu and Hindi fairly, I am focusing on that conflict and dynamics, as well as the promotion of Hindustani to solve problems.

I have also gotten into a healthy period. I worked out this morning, did ISLAMIC yoga. Yes there is Islamic yoga. I have done tai-chi and I have also tried praying as a Muslim since our subject this week is ”Inclusive Islam” I have decided to mentally but also spiritually discover more about Islam and sufism.

I am also immensely happy that the world finally joins forces against Daesh (IS) to defeat them! See, there again is the power of language. By calling them IS, you make them ”Islamic” and ”representatives for Islam”, which they are not. They are fundamentalists and should be named so to!

I would like to finish with
Subhaan-Allaah wal-hamdu Lillaah wa laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wa Allaahu akbar wa laa hawla wa la quwwata illa Billaah”


Waheguru, Ma'asalama, Aleikum Salaam, Namaskar



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar