söndag 20 december 2015

Varanasi

Salaam my readers and friends!

After Naila left us in Lucknow to go back to Varanasi, we came to Varanasi two days afterwards!

It was so nice to be back in a city that means a lot for me. It is simply not a city. I have memories there. I have lived there. I know the city like the back of my hand.

And no matter how dirty, chaotic and rude it may be I still love it. It has some aura of what we in Swedish call: hate-love. You hate and love it at the same time.

Anyways. We had classes, exames and we also participated in the international Hindi writing competition! Inshallah we will win it! We also had lectures to the Danish, Norwegian and Swedish students there in Varanasi and it was nice meeting other students!

We also hung out with our friends Aditya and Nirutpal and also our beloved former host family which are really good friends of ours, Vipin, Vandana and Oshi. However their son was not at home since he studies in Mumbai. It was nice meeting everyone again.
We also feasted in Japanese cuisine at IBA, our favorite restaurant since we only eat Indian food in Lucknow. There is nothing wrong with Nawabi and Lucknowi cuisine, it is delicious, but one needs some variation sometimes.

We strolled the ghats and just went through all the small alleys of Varanasi, doing interviews and research and also refreshing old memories of a city which is very important to me. For me Varanasi stands for independence, happiness, sadness (since my grandfather passed away while I was there last time, so a part of him is always there, even though he has never been in India, but my memory lives there with him), but also friendship and adventure. It sounds kinda cheezy but this city is acutally special for me. More special than Lucknow will ever be.

We will go back there in January for a revisit!





















































Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar